Nature’s Variety has recently recalled all of their raw frozen chicken products with “Best if used by” date on or before 2/5/2011. This voluntary recall was made out of concern for Salmonella contamination. The products included in this recall are as follows:
* Chicken Formula 3 lb medallions
* Chicken Formula 6 lb patties
* Chicken Formula 2 lb single chubs
* Chicken Formula 12 lb retail display case of chubs
* Organic Chicken Formula 3 lb medallions
* Organic Chicken Formula 6 lb patties
If you have purchased an affected product, you can return the unopened package to your local retail store. If your package has been opened, discard it and bring your receipt back for a full refund or exchange for another variety. Nature’s Variety now utilizes a new test and hold protocol to ensure all high pressure pasteurized raw frozen diets are not harmful. Nature’s Variety is a small, independent pet food company that provides natural health solutions for your cat or dog through raw frozen diets.